It’s no extra information that for some months, Nigerians cannot journey to Dubai straight from Nigeria. This due to the problems between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE authorities.
In the previous few months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which was very straightforward has abruptly develop into a nightmare. To go on this journey, you’ll have to undergo different international locations and one of many best being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. It is because the 2 international locations are our closest neighbours.
I’ve learn a number of tales about totally different points individuals have had within the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of many widespread tales was shared by Derende right here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Generally this month, A shopper contacted me to assist him course of a 3 months Dubai visa and likewise to plan his itinerary to Dubai through Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin.
To chop a protracted story quick, on his journey date, we obtained to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is much less rowdy, much less congested and searching effectively maintained. That was once I obtained the shocks of my life. Firstly, nearly all of the individuals going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport had been Nigerians.
As we had been driving into the automobile park, I understand most people doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We modified some cash and headed straight to the departure.
I met plenty of Nigerians on the ready space. You’ll nearly assume it’s one other department of Murtala Muhammed Worldwide airport positioned in Lagos. Then the worst occurred, as we had been heading in, we noticed 4 Nigerians popping out, at first I assumed they had been coming again. Solely to get to the queue and we had been informed they had been denied boarding. I obtained extra curious, on additional investigation, I later obtained to know that they backdated the date they obtained in, not figuring out that The republic of Benin had modified their stamp. Unlucky for them, they backdated with the brand new stamp.
Whereas on the Airport, I additionally noticed one other Nigerian who was arrested on the airport as a result of he was attempting to board with a pretend visa. I cannot imagine somebody would attempt to try this. I believe the particular person he paid gave him a pretend visa. He obtained locked up for some days. That is actually painful.
Then the final set of Nigerians that had been rejected both have broken passports or Worldwide passport with an image that’s not clear. The final units of Nigerians that obtained denied had been individuals who obtained late to the checking level.
Listed below are the most important the explanation why you would get denied boarding on the Cotonou Airport.
Also Read Understanding the Nigerian and the Benin Republic Currency
Causes Why Folks Had been Rejected
- Broken passport: Any passport with stains, an image that’s not clear, broken on any a part of the info web page is automated rejection. Please keep away from any type of harm to your passport. The general public had been travelling with the identical passport in Nigeria with none problem. Somebody mentioned they’re doing it to frustrate Nigerians. LOL this I cant confirm but.
- Pretend visa: Please at all times attempt to verify the validity of your passport.
- Pretend stamp: Please make sure you at all times stamp on the border, don’t pay touts to stamp for you.
- Backdated stamp: YOu are speculated to spend 2 weeks minimal on the Cotonou Airport earlier than you’re allowed to journey.
- Expired covid 19 take a look at: Please make sure you do your Covid 19 take a look at on time so you may get the end result on time.
Issues to notice when visiting Dubai via the Republic of Benin
1. it’s essential to spend a minimal of two weeks within the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the secure facet, Ensure you stamp in Seme border somewhat than Idiroko border, I heard so many individuals are having points at Idiroko after they arrive in Dubai.
3. Affirm your Visa validity on-line.
4. Get to the airport a minimum of three hours earlier than your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 take a look at. You’re going to get your end result the identical day.
6. If you may get an agent that’s accustomed to the route that can assist you out. It is going to prevent plenty of cash in the long term.
7. Keep in a lodge that’s not removed from the airport
8. Get accustomed to the terrain and an English talking cab driver. It is going to prevent plenty of headache.
Please make sure you observe all Covid 19 protocols, please attempt to do the fitting factor as a result of as soon as you’re caught they may make sure you face the legislation. Have you ever had an identical expertise? Please share beneath.